Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cheesecake Pudding


Sometimes the best ideas come out of necessity. Being stuck at home and actually having time to film my cooking creme videos without stressing over finishing up at the last second resulted in a few recipes that I am actually quite proud of.

I actually started the video off planning on making a no bake cheesecake. I was a little worried about whether the spoonable cooking creme would set up like I wanted, but I forged forward anyway. That is one of the big challenges of this contest...you only get two tubs of each flavor. So to get two videos submitted for each flavor, I have been testing and filming at the same time. Sometimes this has worked out well, sometimes it has been a bit of a challenge. But nothing I couldn't fix.

This time I had to make a major fix. While the cheesecake did set up some, it wasn't quite as much as I would like within the one hour time limit. I finished the video with it like that, but overnight I had an idea that I loved. Instead of placing the cheesecake mixture in a graham cracker crust like a normal cheesecake, why not treat it more like a banana pudding...with layers of graham crackers and the cheesecake.

I was finally happy with that idea! But now I had to go back and change the video around to reflect the recipe change. I felt a little silly but I loved the pudding idea much better so I just went for it. I didn't quite have all the cheesecake since my husband and I had eaten some, but I hope that the point got across in the video.

Sometimes a little mistake can lead to a big change and in this case, I am so much happier and prouder of the change! Hope you like it too!!!

Check it out here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8WV7jz-FOU

No comments:

Post a Comment