Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Apples and Cream Cheese Danishes


For my second original flavor Kraft Cooking Creme video, I went for another sweet option: cream cheese and apple danishes. Since I was still stuck at home from the ice and snow, I made my apple filling from scratch. But this recipe can be made even easier by using premade apple pie filling. I used premade pie dough to make these danishes easier, but there is nothing stopping you from using your own pie dough.

Other options with the cream cheese would be cherries (topped with coarse white sugar and cinnamon), chopped chocolate (topped with coarse white sugar), chopped pecans (with brown sugar and cinnamon on top), sweetened peaches (topped with coarse white sugar and a little nutmeg or ginger).

These danishes are really yummy and easy to make. They don't take a lot of effort, but really shine when it comes to flavor and presentation. I've kept leftovers in the fridge and reheat them for 17-20 seconds in the microwave. The dough isn't quite as crisp as it was from the oven, but I am still enjoying every bite!

Wish me luck in the contest!!!!

Check out the video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpgMFadjbBE

No comments:

Post a Comment