Saturday, April 17, 2010

Ted's Challenge


I am not sure how I came across this, but I saw on Friday that Ted's Montana Grill is running their own cooking contest. Every two weeks, they will put up a secret ingredients and all you need to do is submit a recipe using that ingredient, the things in their pantry, and either a photo or a 1-5 minute video. The first ingredient, of course, is bison.

The first thought that came to mind was the cheeseburger macaroni-type recipe that I have had in the past. I decided to change it up for bison. So this recipe includes macaroni, cheddar cheese, diced tomatoes, garlic, onions and various spices. I think it came together fairly well.

I took some pictures, though I am not fully satisfied with my presentation abilities, which I will talk about more in the next post. I added extra cheddar to the top of the entree and a little bit of chopped parsley as a garnish. I had originally wanted to add mushrooms to the main part of the recipe, but my husband thinks that the vast majority of people will despise the mushrooms. I am sure there are people out there who don't like mushrooms, but I am not sure that the percentage is quite as high. But I decided to leave them out of the recipe, just in case.

I posted a picture of the final dish and will submit the recipe in the morning. We are thinking of buying a video camera tomorrow, so I am waiting to see if that does happen. If so, then I may make the short video instead.

Overall, I am happy with the recipe. I am not sure if it is wild and crazy enough for a cooking contest, but it is good to eat, which is what matters to me. They won't notify the potential winners until the end of June, so even if something does come of this, I won't know for quite a while. I figure it is a good opportunity for me to keep thinking creatively and keep pushing myself to try new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment