Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Atlanta Underground Market Update

I found out a few days ago, but haven't had a chance to update on here yet how the market trials went.

I brought three types of pancake puffs (Italian parmesan with red sauce, mozzarella and garlic chicken sausage and caramel filled brownie with caramel and homemade chocolate sauce) to the trial. I reheated them before leaving the house and brought the toaster just in case I would be able to crisp them up a bit when I got there. I didn't end up warming them up again and they were a bit softer than I would have liked because they steamed a little in the containers after being warmed at home. I gave the panel one of each of the flavors since I knew they would be eating lots throughout the afternoon. They loved the idea, no one had heard of ebelskivers before and liked that I could make both sweet and savory offerings based on the same concept.

I also brought in 2 dozen of various cake truffles. I only had one raspberry left and no apples n spice or cookies and cream left, but I brought some of all the rest of the varieties. They quickly tried them and loved them. I was asked if I would be willing to bring in both concepts and I said yes. It would be a whole lot more work to bring both, but I am more than willing to put in the extra effort.

In the end, I was chosen to be one of the vendors and I am ecstatic!!!!! And a bit overwhelmed. They want me to focus more on the pancake puffs and less on the cake truffles because of the novelty of the puffs, but I can bring cake truffles with me to sell. I am working on getting a bunch of cakes made now since there is a freezer step before dipping the truffles in chocolate. So that is helping me out a lot because I can focus on the truffles now and work on the puffs in the few days before the market.

Life is going to get interesting over the next week. There is so much to get done! I wasn't panicking at all until yesterday afternoon when my boss told me she wants me to run a large experiment next week. One that involves me working from 6:45am to 4:15pm, then I can go home for a little bit but then have to leave again around 6:40pm only to get home for good at 7:45pm. Do that Monday through Thursday next week. And get in 7am Friday morning and finish up for about 3-4 hours. So that will dramatically reduce the time that I have to work on everything. Oh and to top it off, my husband will be at a conference next week from Monday night through Thursday afternoon.

So I won't be sleeping very much next week. But I am determined to get lots done and have a lot of cake truffles and puffs to sell. This is too big of an opportunity for me to get my business up and running for me to let a little thing like sleep get in the way.

Look out...Here I come!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment