Saturday, June 5, 2010

Shrimp Curry

Last night I decided to play around a little in the kitchen for dinner. I had some shrimp, peas and cauliflower in the freezer, so I cooked those in some minced garlic and added celery salt and lots of curry powder. To make more of a sauce, I included some Kraft Philly cream cheese and some milk once everything had heated through.

The flavor was nice, but I will admit that there was something missing. I couldn't figure out if it was a flavor I needed to add or simply another texture. Perhaps the curry would have gone better with a piece of naan or some rice. I also think mushrooms and tomatoes would be a good addition next time, or even a little cayenne or other pepper for some heat. This was just an experiment, and I learned a lot to apply when I make a curry again in the future. I only added a little bit of cream cheese since that was all I had left from the contest and more would have been a better idea. But the whole point of the dinner was to use things that I already had in my kitchen so that I didn't need to go to the store.

I have some left over for dinner tonight, so hopefully I can remember to take a picture to add to this post.

Update:
So I completely forgot to take pictures Saturday of the shrimp curry before I finished it off. I will have to make sure I take some next time I make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment