Two Potato Casserole
Can't decide between baking potatoes and sweet potatoes as a side dish? No need to worry since this casserole uses both for the nutritional benefits of each. Kraft Philadelphia cream cheese with milk makes a great sauce without adding a lot of fat. A layer of bread crumbs and parmesan cheese top off this wonderful side dish that is easy enough for a family night in but looks great enough for company!
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 50 minutes
- Total time: 60 minutes
- Servings: 6
- 1 baking potato, sliced thin
- 1 sweet potato, sliced thin
- 4 ounce(s) of Kraft Philadelphia 1/3 reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup(s) of milk
- 3 tbsp. of butter
- 2/3 cup(s) of grated parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup(s) of dried bread crumbs
- 1 salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Coat a large casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Prepare the sauce by combining the cream cheese and the milk. Warm in the microwave if necessary to get a smooth consistency.
- Add a layer of white potato slices, and then a layer of sweet potato slices. Season with salt and pepper. Add half the butter. Pour over half the sauce. Sprinkle with some of the parmesan cheese.
- Repeat the layers of potato, sweet potato, butter and sauce. Top with the remaining parmesan cheese and the bread crumbs.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Cover with foil if the topping starts to brown too much. Cool slightly before serving.