Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Lilburn Farmers Market


Finally the time I have been waiting for has come...opening of the Lilburn Farmers Market vendor registration. This was originally my main starting point for farmers markets (until I learned about the Atlanta Underground Market) and is still my primary goal. It is close to my home, allows baked goods without the requirement of a professional kitchen and seems like a great way to get my foot in the door and start branching out and earning more customers. I submitted my application the middle of last week and have been on pins and needles waiting to hear back. I have no clue when they will be letting people know if they are accepted or not, so I could know in a few days or a few weeks. The suspense is killing me!!! It would mean so much to me to be a part of the farmers market and I would have a wonderful time baking and sharing my creations with people.

My planned offerings include my cake truffles, which are always a big hit. My only worry is how well they will survive in the Atlanta summer heat. I also have my pie maker which makes 4" mini pies. As of the moment I plan to skew more towards sweet pies, though I am tempted to work out a chicken pot pie recipe. It all just depends on how much time I have to devote to getting that just right.

Of course I can make all sorts of cookies or brownies, but I think I will focus my attention on my s'mores. They were a huge hit a few weeks ago and I see a lot of potential there. I just need a second creme brulee torch because when you refill it with butane it needs to rest for 5-10 minutes before using. So if I have two in rotation, I will be good to go. Rather than graham crackers, I make my s'mores with sugar cookies. And I make homemade marshmallows. I plan on making plain marshmallows, along with toasted coconut and possibly cappuccino flavored versions. Then also have other add-ons like peanut butter, bananas, a variety of jams, perhaps a premium chocolate. If I get a good response then I can add cinnamon and chocolate cookies as well. I really love the idea and think it would go over well at the Lilburn farmers market. It is a great treat for kids and adults and the option to customize the treats should be a good draw.

But for now, I just have to wait to see if I am accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment