Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My Culinary Christmas!!!!!




My, oh my, oh my!!! I had a great Christmas, especially for my kitchen. Though I think my kitchen cabinets and bookshelves are groaning at the fact that I need to find places for all my new 'toys.' Here is a run down of all the wonderfulness!

- Breville Pie maker: see my previous post on this one. I couldn't be more excited!! Well, actually I could be if it was actually here and not on back order until February.
- Pullman bread loaf: for making sandwich bread
- America the Edible by Adam Richman
- A Silpat: this is actually my first Silpat, I can't wait to actually try it out. I've just been using parchment paper all the time.
- A set of 11 biscuit cutters from the Culinary Institute of America: I can finally make my crab turnovers using a real cookie cutter rather than a drinking glass.
- The Pastry Chefs Companion by Glenn Rinsky
- Home Cheese Making by Ricki Carroll
- More Best Recipes from America's Test Kitchen
- Baking Illustrated from America's Test Kitchen
- 8 piece garnishing tool set in folding bag by Berghoff: includes a lemon zester, three sizes of melon ballers, channel knife, butter curler, peeler and apple corer
- a table scraper: like the ones they use at fancy restaurants



And the piece de resistance...(imagine trumpet flourishes)

**** A Kitchen Aid 6 quart Professional stand mixer. This was an unintended gift for myself this year. I saw this at my sister in law's house the day before Christmas when we went to go visit. It was something she had been looking at for many years and finally the stars aligned and the price was just right. She got a 30% off coupon for her Kohl's charge card for all purchases through Christmas eve in the mail. Plus a $10 off coupon. The $499 mixer was on sale for $399. Then there was the $10 and 30% off. And there is a mail in rebate for $50. And they were doing Kohl's cash where you got $10 in Kohl's cash for every $50 you spent, good for the weed after Christmas. So in the end, it was $290 after taxes. Plus I will send in the rebate for $50 back and I got $50 of free money to spend at Kohl's. It was a deal that I just couldn't pass up. My mixer has been struggling with bread dough since it just didn't have the horse power to knead it as well as I would like.

I know I keep justifying my purchase over and over, but its a big purchase for me. I am looking forward to making wonderful recipes with this new mixer, which will get lots and lots of use, without a single doubt in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment