Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Challah Bread and French Toast





I haven't made any bread in a little while and I knew with my parents in town it would be a great time to make something for them. I also wanted to make a nice breakfast one morning, so I simply combined the two ideas...challah french toast.

In between running back and forth to the festival on Saturday, I managed to make a beautiful braided loaf of challah. It could not have been simpler, yet it came out so elegantly! The stand mixer is a life saver when it comes to kneading the dough. I use my dough whisk to get all the ingredients put together then let the mixer do its job. After the initial rise, I divided the dough into three pieces and rolled them into long ropes before braiding them together. Another rise and an egg wash later and it was ready to bake.

Pictures will be posted soon of this gorgeous bread. It is by far my best yet. The texture and color and size were perfect. I was so happy I may have done a little happy dance.

Sunday morning was cinnamon and nutmug french toast. I can't even remember the last time I had french toast, much less made it. It definitely hit the spot, though and will have to return to my meal rotation with some sort of consistency. Overall, the bread and breakfast were just perfect!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment