Monday, February 28, 2011

Some good news, some bad news...

I'll start off with the bad news: they have announced all four of the Kraft Philadelphia cooking creme winners and I was not among them. I worked really hard, but it just wasn't what they were looking for.

They are starting a second season of the Real Women of Philadelphia soon. As far as I know so far, it will start off the same as last year: looking for 16 finalists over 16 weeks in four different categories. This portion of the contest is aimed at finding the four representatives for each of the categories and comes with a $25000 prize. It requires a lot of work once you win, but it seems very rewarding. The four hosts from last spring have worked very hard and have done a great job for the last several months.

And can I get to the good news now?

I am a finalist in the Share Our Strength's Great American Baking contest here in Atlanta. I am beyond excited!!! I will get to make lots of my yummy apples n spice cake truffles to be sampled by lots of people. The contest involves categories for professionals, culinary students, amateurs and youth.

The reception and final judging will be held this Wednesday night at the Cordon Bleu in Tucker. Tickets for the general wine and dessert tasting starting at 7:30PM are $25 each and go to Share Our Strength. There is also a VIP reception starting at 6:30PM and tickets are $35 each. You can find more information and purchase tickets at https://secure2.convio.net/sos/site/Ecommerce?store_id=3021&VIEW_CATALOG=true&FOLDER=0&TYPE=&NAME=&AddInterest=1001&JServSessionIdr004=z3iroh2w31.app205b

I am excited that so many people will get a chance to try my truffles. Hopefully they will all enjoy them! Now I just need to wait until Wednesday night to get the results. The website says that they will mail out the comment cards from the judges after the reception. It will be interesting to see just what the judges have to say about my truffles. Maybe they will have some points on how to make them even better.

Wish me luck!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment