Sunday, July 18, 2010

Chicken Corn Bleu

To supplement the pasta, I wanted to make chicken cordon bleu, which is something I haven't made before. Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures of the final product, but I want to write about this so I have the recipe for future reference.

I pounded out boneless skinless chicken breasts to a very thin layer. I placed some ham and mozzarella on half and folded the chicken over, securing with a toothpick. I know some people make a large roll, but I just wanted to fold the pieces in half. I put the chicken bundles in a glass baking dish and added salt and pepper. I sprinkled plain bread crumbs on top and topped with some dried oregano, basil and parsley flakes. After baking in a 350F oven for 35 minutes, I add some more slices of mozzarella to the tops and baked for 5 additional minutes. I cut each large breast in half and transferred to a serving platter with perfect timing for dinner.

The resulting chicken was juicy and well seasoned. My husband mentioned that his mother usually made a sauce using cream of chicken soup, but I didn't go that route. I did use mozzarella rather than the typical swiss per his suggestions. I am very happy with the final product and will add this to my 'tried and true' recipes so that I don't forget it in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment