Monday, March 22, 2010

A little bit behind...

I know I am a little bit behind on keeping up with all the things I've been creating recently. I will try to catch up this week, but things might be a little bit out of order, depending on what I want to write about first.

The only baking that I did this weekend was on Sunday. My husband and I went north of Atlanta for the Wine Highway weekend all day on Saturday. That will require its own post because so much happened! Overall, I had a great time and got to learn a lot more about what I like in a wine.

Back to yesterday. I had a few bananas in the freezer that I needed to do something with. I went for Chocolate chip banana muffins from the King Arthur Flour website. I am really liking this company. The flours seem to have a good and consistent quality and the recipes on their website and in my Whole Grain Baking book have all turned out well. The instructions are thorough and I can find helpful hints if I am trying something new. So of course the muffins turned out really well, just as I was expecting.

I also made whoopie pies. It was yet another attempt to make peanut butter whoopie pies. Originally I wanted to make a peanut butter cookie with a honey filling. But I kept having trouble getting the right consistency for the cookies. Though I did have a great result with the peanut butter sandwich cookies I mentioned a little while back, it wasn't quite the result I was after.

I tabled the idea of the peanut butter cookie base and went with a highly rated recipe for chocolate whoopie pies from allrecipes.com. Then instead of the white fluffy filling, I made a peanut butter filling. Finally I have a whoopie pie that looks and tastes like one. I forgot to take a picture yesterday, but as soon as I do, I will add that to this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment